- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Planet Leicester Bakers collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Information you share directly or via another organisation when organising any services with Planet Leicester Bakers. For example food allergies and dietary requirements, health issues that may be relevant to participation in the activities.
- Photographs, for use in marketing in print and online. These are only used with agreement, either written or verbal.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Planet Leicester Bakers with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register or place an order for any of our products or services, online or via other communication options (email, phone, social media)
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Take part in activities and agree to photos being taken
Planet Leicester Bakers may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Any third party organisation (eg charity, business, public sector organisation) you access our services through
How will we use your data?
Planet Leicester Bakers collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order or booking of products and/or services.
- Email you with information on products and services we think you might like or be interested in.
How do we store your data?
Planet Leicester Bakers securely stores your data at the home base of the business.
Written records are stored in a lockable filing box.
Data supplied via digital communications are stored on a home computer protected by up to date security software.
Data is also be stored by trusted third parties whose communications services Planet Leicester Bakers uses (eg Mailchimp; Microsoft; WordPress; Heart Internet ISP),
Planet Leicester Bakers will keep your contact data and information until engagement between the business and the individual has ceased. Data stored is also reviewed annually and deleted (via shredding of paper records and/or electronic deletion) if engagement and communication has permanently ceased.
Photos, taken by agreement, submitted to Planet Leicester Bakers or shared by event partners, are stored for marketing use and as an historical record of the business. Deletion of photos can be requested and, under certain conditions, can be deleted.
Planet Leicester Bakers would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. This will be done directly or via:
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you can always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Planet Leicester Bakers from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here to send a message requesting this.
What are your data protection rights?
Planet Leicester Bakers would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data held by the business from Planet Leicester Bakers.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Planet Leicester Bakers correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Planet Leicester Bakers complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Planet Leicester Bakers erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Planet Leicester Bakers restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Planet Leicester Bakers processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Planet Leicester Bakers transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Call us at: 07816 178022
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Planet Leicester Bakers uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Responsible for data protection: Michelle Stratford, Founder, Planet Leicester Bakers
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 07816 178 022
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Planet Leicester Bakers has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their web site:
Updated: November 2020